You will need a special visa to work as an intern is Australia. Internships are typically unpaid.
- Go Global, ICTE-University of Queensland. One semester program, based on 3 steps to success: Improve Your Global English Communications, Preparation for the Global Workforce & Professional Internship. Specialist trainers from ICTE-UQ prepare you for the workplace, while professional internships are coordinated by its partner Australian Internships (AI).
- Australian Internships. We work with the Australian market leader in providing work experience opportunities to organize the internship you need in all the major professions from Accounting, Arts, Banking & Finance, Education, Engineering, Environmental, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical, Mining, Government, Graphic Design and so on, to Z.
- Professional Year Program, ICTE-University of Queensland. An Australian Government initiative designed to assist international student graduates in nominated professional industries kick start their career in Australia. English language preparation at ICTE-University of Queensland following by work experience program.
On a student visa you may work 20 hours/week during term time and 40 hours/week during vacation.
- Hospitality Internships, Australian Internships. The Hospitality Program is a paid internship program offered to highly skilled candidates that are completing or have completed hospitality studies and have relevant hospitality experience. There are 6, 9 & 12 month options.
- Job Help Service, Langports, Brisbane and Gold Coast. A complimentary service offering tips and skills in searching for a job, preparing resumes and applying for a tax file number (TFN).
- Student Work Assistance Program, English Language Company, Sydney. This is a service for students on Student Visas who are able to work for up to 20 hours per week while they study full time. Typical jobs include working in a shop, food preparation, sales, waitressing, distributing leaflets.